[Zope3-dev] Heads up: zope.app.intid and zope.app.keyreference are now op

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Thu Jun 16 13:25:25 EDT 2005

Paul Winkler wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 16, 2005 at 12:18:06PM -0400, Benji York wrote:
>
>>I'm a bit confused by this conversation.  GUIDs (globally-unique
>>identifiers) aren't neccesary for integer IDs.  We just need
>>locally-unique identifiers, which are much easier to generate.
>

> What about export / import of content?
> That makes "locally" hard to define.

Export and import of content containing int ids would pose some
challenges. I wouldn't recommend doing that.  We aren't using int ids
for inter-object references. We just use straightforward Python references
for that.  We use int ids in indexing data structures where space and
certian kinds of computation make integers much more useful than
other kinds of object references.