[Zope3-dev] #373

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Tue Jun 21 13:28:08 EDT 2005

Julien Anguenot wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Regarding the #373 :
> http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope3-dev/373/
>
> and the original discussion :
>  http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope3-checkins/2005-February/024307.html
>
> Objections to revert to the original solution ?
> (i.e : *not* allowing DC annotations if the principal doesn't have the
> 'zope.app.dublincore.change' permission)

I thought the original soution was to use removeSecurityProxy.

It is the system that wants to track modification times.  It is the system,
not the user, that is initiating the DC data change, so the user's permissions
shouldn't really have anything to do with it.  The system can do whatever
it wants, which we represent via removeSecurityProxy or trusted adapters.