[Zope3-dev] Re: Bug 358/359, 367 fixed

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Thu Mar 3 09:52:19 EST 2005

Hi Roger,

Roger Ineichen wrote:
> If we have a UI like Zope2 (yes z2) it is recomended for application
> to use the same concept where we see in higher applications.

You are wrong here, at least in my opinion ;-)

> It's Not a MUST, but you get a really bad situation if you implement
> a totaly different concept on a enduser application level.

Indeed, this is why I said components from Z3MI should be usable in
applications built using Z3. Think like MFC used to be for Windows
programming, or Borland OWL if people look back further, or maybe
WXWindows...

> If some
> customers will deep into the roots of the application server, they have
> to learn it again.

Not at all, if the customer is building a Z3 app, they should use Z3MI.
If the customer is using a CMS built in Z3, that CMS should provide a
complete interface of its own, even if it does re-use some bits of Z3MI...

> DOn't understand this right, I propose not ONE right solution.
> But it's easier if we don't change concepts in different UI's.

I'm only arguing for one UI here: Z3MI, what other CMS'es do is their
business. BUT, I want Z3MI target right at component and framework
developers, and not trying to be a CMS...

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk