[Zope3-dev] capi vs zapi

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Fri Mar 4 13:19:23 EST 2005

On Friday 04 March 2005 13:23, Garrett Smith wrote:
> I noticed the new 'capi' -- when should this be used instead of zapi?
>
> I'll add that info to changes.txt if any cares to enlighten :)

capi is a short form for zope.component and should only be used when zapi
cannot be used. For example, you cannot use zapi in zope.app.traversing,
because this package is part of zapi. Another use case is when you develop a
package that does not depend on zope.app, then you must use the component API
directly.

Regards,
Stephan
--