[Zope3-dev] opinion requested from people working towards the release: doctest inaccuracy for zope.app.form.utility

Rob Jeschofnik rejj at automagic.org
Sun Mar 6 03:47:41 EST 2005

Gary Poster wrote:

> [...]
> (a) check this in,
> (b) change the XXX to a TODO and check it in,
> (c) change the test description to actually describe the current
> behavior, or
> (d) try to change the code to match the description?
>
> If (d) is your response, then please also give me a fallback option
> (a, b, or c) if I don't have time.  As I write in my XXX, I have a
> workaround already.

My choice would be option (d) - It really does seem like an error to me
to accept part of the input of a form that contains some invalid items..
how can you gurantee any logic that uses these values is correct when
there are some invalid inputs? (or have I misunderstood the problem at
hand?)

As for a backup plan... if you didn't have time for it I'd suggest (e)
leave it as an XXX and raise it as a Collector item, so someone else
fixes it. I don't really like the idea of changing tests to match dodgy
code.

... but then again, I may have totally misinterpreted the problem here.

rob