[Zope3-dev] Re: capi vs zapi

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Sun Mar 6 07:45:52 EST 2005

On Sunday 06 March 2005 07:53, Garrett Smith wrote:
> > Jim thinks so too, I disagree. I think it is a great symmetry in the
> > code and wherever I use it in tests I do the import in the test, i.e.
> >
> >   >>> import zope.component as capi
>
> With this argument, I could see 'api' inflation occurring here over time
> (e.g. dcapi, webapi, etc.) I'd rather see a single zapi that advertised
> (most of) the core functionality for the typical Zope user.

zapi is advertised to the typical Zope user. capi is only used in cases where
zapi is not available. If I just have zope.component installed, why not use
capi? Its short, so less to type.

Anyways, I am not going to argue about this naymore. If someone feels strongly
enough not to have it they can change the code.

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter