[Zope3-dev] Zope 3.1 release & the Zope3Book?

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Sun Mar 6 07:50:10 EST 2005

On Saturday 19 February 2005 04:00, Jeroen Janssen wrote:
> I was wondering what the plans are for the Zope3Book related to a Zope 3.1
> release.

Not so far.

> I think one of the (maybe positive?) 'problems' with Zope3 development is
> that it's going fast. That affects the (printed) documentation available in
> a way that it is outdated almost instantly on publishing.

Well, Zope 3 should be compatible with the book to at least version 3.3, since
this is how long we provide full backward-compatibility.

> Since a digital book does not have to be published on paper, it can more
> easily be updated. But a problem can be that you probably don't want to
> cover changes in Zope3 as soon as they happen in the trunk (because some
> things might get removed/changed again just as you wrote a large piece of
> documentation on it).

There is a time factor here as well. It takes a lot of time updating a book; I
am always looking for volunteers.

> Anyway, I hope that a new official release of Zope3 would also somehow
> relate to an updated version of the Zope3Book.

Me too, but I did not even have time to merge SAMS editorial changes back into
the master files yet.

> btw, is the Zope3Book (I don't mean the samples, but the book itself)
> available in subversion somewhere?

Yes, but you need special permissions to get to it.

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter