[Zope3-dev] Login directly to a subsite not possible?

Roger Ineichen dev at projekt01.ch
Thu Mar 10 04:40:39 EST 2005

Hi together

I try to setup a site and like to have no access
for unauthenticated principal.

My problem is, that I setup a site and a subsite
both of them should offer a login.

If I deny the zope.View permission, it forces
that the first site is offering the login challenger
even if I point directly to the subsite's URL.

What I can see is, that the ZopePublication(PublicationTraverse)
tries to call the method callTraversalHooks() which calls
_maybePlacefullyAuthenticate() on each object. This forces,
that in the travers process the first site offers the
login challenger. Because of this "traversal and try on each
object if we authenticated" concept we are not able to login
directly to a subsite.

What's the correct way for let the user login to a subsite.
on a server where zope.View is denied.

I this possible?

Right now there is now way to login to a subsite.
I think we should support it? Or not?

Regards
Roger Ineichen
Projekt01 GmbH