[Zope3-dev] Zope resources and browser caching

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Thu Mar 10 17:59:13 EST 2005

Garrett Smith wrote:
> I'm noticing that browser hit the server (Zope) for all images on a page
> for *every* request. I would assume that browsers cache images unless
> the server says they've changed.
>
> I don't know much about this, so it might be a stupid question.
>
> Is Zope telling the browser that each image needs to be acquired for
> every request? Is this something that can possibly be tweaked on Zope's
> side? Or my configuration?

I'm 99% sure that for file resources, Zope is setting the cache-control
headers to cache resources for a day.  You can verify this with tcpwatch.
(I have verifed this myself recently, but it's nice to see for yourself.)

Whether the browser honors these depends on the cache settings.  My browser
does.