[Zope3-dev] Re: Zope resources and browser caching

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Thu Mar 10 18:47:20 EST 2005

Garrett Smith wrote:
>>Hm, maybe that implementation is bad. tcpwatch will tell you for sure.
>
> So you're saying I should learn tcpwtch, eh? ;)

Not much to learn really:

Download tcpwatch.py and punch in (assuming that your Zope 3 instance is
listening to 8080):

$ tcpwatch.py -s -L 9080:8080

Now point your browser to port 9080 instead of 8080 and see what happens
on the console you started tcpwatch in. It prepends incoming and
outgoing HTTP traffic with => and <= respectively. Feels like playing
the CIA on your webserver...

Btw, with the -r <dir> option, it'll record HTTP sessions to a directory
which can then later be converted to functional doctests by
zope.app.testing.dochttp. Though I'm really waiting for Marius's cool
in-Zope doctest recording tool...

Philipp