[Zope3-dev] Zope not accepting connections on Windows

Marc Rijken marc at rijken.org
Sun Mar 13 10:24:27 EST 2005

Garrett Smith wrote:
> This is a strange problem. I can only connect to a Zope 3 server as
> localhost. When I access the server from another machine, no connection.
>
> I can connect to an apache server without any problem.
>
> I don't see this problem on Linux.
>
> Anyone have a clue as to what's going on?
>
>  -- Garrett

I have had the same problem on my Win XP Zope X3 instance. It was solved at the
moment when I connect Zope 3 to the external IP address of my computer in
zope.conf.in. The server part of my zope.conf.in lookes like:

<server>
   type HTTP
   address 192.168.2.199:8080
</server>

Previously it worked without connecting the server "by hand" to the zope 3
instance; it took automatically all IP-addresses of my computer (localhost and
192.168.2.199). At this moment without the modification of zope.conf.in the
server is only bound to localhost and not to all IP-addresses.

Marc