[Zope3-dev] Can we *please* get the introspector back

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Wed Mar 16 18:18:10 EST 2005

On Wednesday 16 March 2005 17:56, Garrett Smith wrote:
> I do *not* want the overhead of the API doc browser in my development
> instance. I *do* want to be able to see what interfaces an object
> implements in a small, nimble view. This used to be possible with the
> introspector.

You can always decide not to load apidoc configuration files, but leave the
package around for the API functions.

> I understand that the code may be "shacky", but it works! I've never had
> an issue with it. If there's a bug, let's fix it.

If I have the right of an edict, I am practicing it now! The old introspector
code is not coming back. It is rediculous to maintain two introspection APIs.

The only compromize I am willing to make is that the introspector view is
moved to a separate configuration file, so that you can load the introspector
view independent of the rest of API doc. I do not even care, if the
introspector code shows more information than the one Fred checked in last
night. So there are options to get back what you want, but it will not be by
bringing the introspector package back.

Regards,
Stephan
--