[Zope3-dev] Zope X3.1 Feature Freeze

Lennart Regebro regebro at nuxeo.com
Fri Mar 18 08:49:12 EST 2005

Jim Fulton wrote:

> Lets freeze features for X3.1 on April 2.

I was under the impression that it had been under feature freeze since
the big Stephan Richter merge happened. That was at least the outcome of
the discussion we had then, that this merge should happen, and XXX
comments would be removed, and X3.1 would then be released.

May I suggest that we retroactively feature freeze it from Febraury
15th, which is the day after Stephan tagged the trunk for his merge?

> P.S.  Now that that the decision has been made to include Zope 3
>       in Zope 2.8, I'd really prefer that Zope 2.8 use X3.1 code,
>       not X3.0 code.

That would be a good thing. If we feature freeze X3.1 last month and
make the X3.1 branch today, and make an alpha this weekend, this could
possibly be an option.

>       I'd like to try to keep the Zope 3 code used in Zope 2 and
>       the Zope 3 code used in Zope 3 in sync as much as possible.

I agree that this would be a Good Thing.