[Zope3-dev] Re: Zope X3.1 Feature Freeze

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Fri Mar 18 10:20:21 EST 2005

Godefroid Chapelle wrote:
> Jim Fulton wrote:

>> But, in any case, I am absolutely committed to
>> a regular release cycle, starting with 2.9 and X3.2.
>

> /me repeating
>
> If we cannot make it for 2.8 now, why would be able to do it for 2.9 ?

Because we didn't plan it for 2.8, but we will for 2.9.

If release cycles are regular, then we will *have* to plan
any changes so that they can get done within the window for making
changes.  If we are going to set deadlines, which I think we
should, then people who do work in a cycle need to know about
the deadline *before* the cycle. It's a question of planning and
it's not feasible to change plans like this in the middle of a
cycle.