[Zope3-dev] Re: Zope X3.1 Feature Freeze

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 11:17:38 EST 2005

[Jim Fulton]
> | ... what the heck to do about the fact that Archetypes
> | apparently uses the ancient long-deprecated old BTrees modules.

[Sidnei da Silva]
> Is it?

We're guessing here, based on user bug reports.  Maybe it doesn't.

> sidnei at cotia:~/src/archetypes/archetypes-1.3$ find . -name '*.py' | xargs grep 'import BTree'
> ./Archetypes/ReferenceEngine.py:from
> Products.BTreeFolder2.BTreeFolder2 import BTreeFolder2
> sidnei at cotia:~/src/archetypes/archetypes-1.3$ find . -name '*.py' | xargs grep 'from BTree'
> ./Archetypes/Field.py:from BTrees.OOBTree import OOBTree

In that case, perhaps you (or someone with better knowledge of "Plone,
Archetypes, ... and kupu" than I have) could help resolve this bug
report against 2.8?

    http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1695

More info in this zodb-dev thread:

    http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zodb-dev/2005-February/008495.html