[Zope3-dev] Re: Zope X3.1 Feature Freeze

Florent Guillaume fg at nuxeo.com
Fri Mar 18 12:46:04 EST 2005

Roger Ineichen <dev at projekt01.ch> wrote:
> Yes Five is really great.
> But we are to less contributers working on the core.
> That's makes it hard to fit with the drive you need right now.
>
> I just proposed that you perhaps have to spend more time with
> contributing to the core that you get what you need.

Personally I'd be contributing more to the core if I was using Zope 3,
directly or indirectly, in customer projects. Now, using Five means I
*will* be using more of Zope 3. So it's a net win.

> btw I can't belive,
> today on the mailinglist are more then 10 really good
> cracks boring about a zope3 release. I can't belive it.
> Please contribute a little bit more. I know may of you have
> more expirience then I have.

That's exactly what we're doing: we're pushing for more people to be
involved in Zope 3, and the means to do that for us is to push Five. All
the "good cracks" you see are coming from Zope 2, and they still have a
vested interest in Zope 2.

Florent

+33 1 40 33 71 59   http://nuxeo.com   fg at nuxeo.com