[Zope3-dev] Re: ZopeTop skin

Roger Ineichen dev at projekt01.ch
Tue Mar 22 09:22:52 EST 2005

Hi Paul

Behalf Of Paul Everitt
> Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2005 3:06 PM
> To: zope3-dev at zope.org
> Subject: [Zope3-dev] Re: ZopeTop skin
>
> Godefroid Chapelle wrote:
> > Roger Ineichen wrote:
> [snip]
>
> >> 288: IE xmltree.js line 225 error
> >> 328: site & Navigation tree & Virtual Host
> >> 333: XML Tree doesn't load if some item contains non-ASCII
> characters
> >>
> >> Why do you asking for it? Do you use it in a project?
> >> If you use it can you agree on the issue 288? I didn't see this.
> >>
> >> Regards
> >> Roger Ineichen
> >>

> > Paul and I had been coding it. I'd be disappointed if it is
> removed of X3.1
> >
> > I'll look if I can cure the problems. You'll decide at that
> time if you
> > still throw it out of X3.1
>
> I'm also willing to work on it, during this week.  However,
> I'd like to
> know whether people even *want* that tree anymore as the default tree.
>
> I'm willing to do some ongoing work in this area and keep
> atop collector
> issues, if people feel the upside of GMail-style UI advances is worth
> the downside of browser restrictions.  I realize that this question
> might not have a clear resolution.

See the TODO.txt in zope/doc.
Stephan wrote all important issue where shold get fixed before the
release.

All with '*' marked issue are importent for the release.

For the navigation tree this means:

Navigation Tree
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  * 288: IE xmltree.js line 225 error

  * 328: site & Navigation tree & Virtual Host

  * 333: XML Tree doesn't load if some item contains non-ASCII characters

And what kind of browser should the ZMI support. Only new browsers
or even Opera, Konqueror and old browsers?

I proposed earlier, I will add the tree back to the default ZMI
wich I hope will be the new boston skin. Your and Godfroid's improvments
on the are very welcome.

btw;
I use a modified version of the xmltree with virtual host support
in our framework. I can merge it to the core later.

I also added virtual host support to the static tree, I just have
to ad soe tests.

Regards
Roger Ineichen