[Zope3-dev] Re: Rotterdam skin browser support (Proposal)

Tonico Strasser contact_tonico at yahoo.de
Tue Mar 22 18:41:14 EST 2005

Derrick Hudson schrieb:
> On Tue, Mar 22, 2005 at 05:54:32PM +0100, Tonico Strasser wrote:
> [...]
> | Browsers must have
> |
> | - and JavaScript
>
> Be more specific on this.  Which version of JS?  Which [version of
> the] DOM?  I'm not a javascript guy, but I know that older versions of
> IE and Netscape/Mozilla used widely different DOM models and had
> vastly different semantics on a lot of things.  From what I've heard,
> recent versions (ie the latest IE and recent Moz) use the W3C's DOM
> and are nearly compatible.

Hi Derrick,

the proposed list says what browser types are supported and that they
are only supported if the have JavaScript enabled. A bug can be rejected
if someone reports a bug in a browser with JavaScript disabled.

The proposal does not describe how a developer should implement a
feature. A feature, regardless of the implementation, should ideally
work in all supported browsers.

Tonico