[Zope3-dev] PAU bug

Roger Ineichen dev at projekt01.ch
Thu Mar 31 18:01:04 EST 2005

Wrong IAdding view concept

There are some problems in the PAU regsitration or better
say in the Plugins registration.

Every global registred item (for adding) like:

  <menuItem
      for="zope.app.container.interfaces.IAdding"
      menu="add_component"
      action="utility.ContentComponentDefinition"
      title="Content Component Definition"
      description="A Persistent Content Component Definition"
      permission="zope.ManageServices"
      />

get listed in the PAU Plugins "Add Menu".
This means the "add_component" menu is used.

If we do this we need a constraints in the __setitem__ method
of one interface used in the PAU for make a constraints
what's can be added in the Plugins container.

If we do this we have to make sure taht all items (Plugins)
provide this contraint.

If we don't use a constraint. we have to use a own Adding
view for the Plugins part. This Adding view can be used for
items to get added to.

a) The use of a __setitem__ constraints makes required that
items have to fit this constraint.

b) The use of a own IAdding (view) implemenetation
is a cleaner way. I think.

btw,
And since I refactored the addMenuItem directive it is
possible to use addMenutItem instead of menuItem
for exactly this concept.

What sould we use? What's the better way?

Regards
Roger Ineichen
Projekt01 GmbH
www.projekt01.ch