[Zope3-dev] Missing ObjectContentModifiedEvent

Uwe Oestermeier u.oestermeier at iwm-kmrc.de
Thu May 5 02:37:54 EDT 2005

Garrett Smith wrote:
>I think ValueChangedEvent would be a good addition to the forms
>machinery. But if you need something like that now, I'd recommend using
>your own edit view class.

That would be a solution for the moment, but in the future I would like to
say that my
application provides also versioning for content types of other third
party applications. This leads to a second major problem: How can I be
sure that other applications do send events for all modifications they
perform. It is very easy to forget that. My versioning scheme would be
less error prone if I could check for modified objects via
ITransaction.beforeCommitHook or ISynchronizer.beforeCompletion. Can this
already be done in the current state of development? I found no hints in
the Zope3 sources that these interfaces of the transaction module are
already used.

In the meanwhile we need a decision, whether the
ObjectContentModifiedEvent should be used in the File._setData method. I
would like to check this solution in. Any objections? The
ObjectContentModifiedEvent class can be removed later on, if noone else is
using it.

Regards,
Uwe