[Zope3-dev] lxml / elementtre inclusion

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Thu May 5 09:02:58 EDT 2005

Jim Fulton wrote:
> Julien Anguenot wrote:

>> Can we consider the inclusion of lxml or elementtre within the Zope3
>> core ?
>
> Absolutely.

Cool!

>  > Are the repective licenses, BSD and MIT-like an issue ?
>
> Absolutely. :)
>
> I would prefer that we include lxml and that it be ZPL.
> That is, my hope is that Martijn can release lxml under
> ZPL as well as any other licenses he wishes.
> It needn't be copyright ZC and Contributors.  It could be
> copyright Infrae.

Well, libxml2/libxslt cannot be relicensed by me, so the MIT license
will stay. If it helps to also license lxml under the ZPL besides the
existing BSD license, that shouldn't be an issue, though I myself do not
comprehend why adversiting-clause-less BSD should be an issue; as far as
I understood it could be safely combined with absolutely anything.

Regards,

Martijn