[Zope3-dev] Re: ZConfig change breaks Zope 2 and Zope 3

Derrick Hudson dman at dman13.dyndns.org
Mon May 9 10:48:51 EDT 2005

On Sun, May 08, 2005 at 02:28:55PM +0200, yuppie wrote:
| Hi!
|
| On Windows, this 15 months old change in ZConfig sets the default
| hostname for inet_address to 'localhost':
|
|   http://svn.zope.org/ZConfig/?rev=376&view=rev
|
| I have no idea why this was changed, the checkin message is not very
| helpful: "fix the default hostname for address datatypes for Windows"

| Any comments?

Search the list archives for a discussion of why that was changed.
IIRC it is due to quirks in Windows' network libraries -- a test was
failing because the system API to query the identity of the socket
did something funny with 'localhost' vs. '127.0.0.1' and that caused
the comparison in the test to fail even though there was no actual
defect.

OTOH, after a quick look at the referenced defects and archived emails
I may be remembering something else.

Anyways, hopefully my memory will help you.  If not, well that's all I
can offer.

-D

--
Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge,
but he who hates correction is stupid.

www: http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/            jabber: dman at dman13.dyndns.org