[Zope3-dev] Re: MessageID's automatic translation in TAL

Dmitry Vasiliev lists at hlabs.spb.ru
Mon May 9 17:05:51 EDT 2005

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> Dmitry Vasiliev wrote:
>> - Should we do automatic translation for msgid's inside a TALES
>> expression?
>

> IMO we shouldn't do automatic translation at all.

How then we want to translate TALES expressions like "some text ${msgid}"?
The only way now is explicit translate() inside the view.

>> - Maybe we need some new TALES expression type for msgid definition?
>> For example:
>>
>>     <tal:block define="name msgid:Specific">
>

> Why? Use case?

See zope/app/apidoc/ifacemodule/iface_macros.pt at the end. With the msgid
type we can define msgid's right in TAL code.

--
Dmitry Vasiliev (dima at hlabs.spb.ru)
     http://hlabs.spb.ru