[Zope3-dev] skin magic weirdness

Ivo van der Wijk vladdrac at gmail.com
Tue May 10 10:52:53 EDT 2005

Hi All,

I'm currently trying to customize Zope3 skins. I started out with a
rotterdam customization, as described in Philips book and now I'm
trying to re-use the Boston skin.

Strange things happen, however. Code that checks if the page macro is
invoked as 'view' seems to fail with the boston skin:

          <metal:block tal:condition="python: macroname == 'view'"
                       tal:repeat="pagelets
pagelets:zope.app.boston.slots.IContextMenu">
            <tal:block metal:use-macro="pagelets" />
          </metal:block>

Which causes certain actions (i.e. edit, metadata) not to appear.

I really have no clue why this fails. The actual value for macroname
is 'page' here (though it *is* 'view' in the exact (?) same case with
the rotterdam skin.

I've added some debugging tal code - it seems that macroname is always
'page' everywhere within boston's template.pt, while it is 'view'
within the rotterdam skin.

The skin is invoked as 'view', then translated to 'page' in
zope.app.basicskin.defaultmacros.Macros (I checked with pdb)

I really can't find the difference between the two skins, and still
they behave differently.

Does anyone have an idea what might be going on here?

Cheers

  Ivo

--
Drs. I.R. van der Wijk                                      -=-
Korte Leidsedwarsstraat 12                                 Amaze