[Zope3-dev] Questions about onlinehelp

Roger Ineichen dev at projekt01.ch
Wed May 11 03:34:15 EDT 2005

Hi Peter

No, problem

> >> 2. The content of the online-help says:
> >>
> >> The Online Help supports
> >>
> >>      * plain text documents
> >>      * structured text documents
> >>      * restructured text documents
> >>      * HTML documents
> >>      * Page template based content
> >>
> >> but HTML and ZPT's are rendered as resturctured text, so there is a
> >> difference between reality and online help.
> >> Will that be changing in the future?
> >
> > I don't understand this? What's not working? Do you really use
> > a ZPT and also use the right class for the help:regsiter directive?
> >

> If the help:register directive looks like that:
>
>     <help:register
>        id="dictum"
>        title="my first application"
>        doc_path="package_intro.pt"
>        class="zope.app.onlinehelp.onlinehelptopic.RESTOnlineHelpTopic"
>        />

Use the right class for register ZPT's as help topics.
This should look like this:

<help:register
    id="dictum"
    title="my first application"
    doc_path="package_intro.pt"
    class="zope.app.onlinehelp.onlinehelptopic.ZPTOnlineHelpTopic"
    />

Use:
zope.app.onlinehelp.onlinehelptopic.ZPTOnlineHelpTopic
instead of:
zope.app.onlinehelp.onlinehelptopic.RESTOnlineHelpTopic

otherwise you get "REST" restructured text regsistred like
you propose.

> And the content of packag_intro.pt is:

> help!</body></html>
>
> the source of the rendered page is :

> &lt;html&gt;&lt;head&gt;&lt;title
> tal:content=&quot;context/title&quot;&gt;Title&lt;/title&gt;&lt;/
> head&gt;&lt;body&gt;This is a ZPT
> help!&lt;/body&gt;&lt;/html&gt;</div>

> > See src\zope\app\onlinehelp\tests\help.zcml this is what we test.
> >
> >> 3. Ok, I am using resturctured text, but I can't use all german
> >> characters. How can I configure other encodings for the
> online help?
> >
> > What do you need?
> >

> Showing german umlauts in helpscreens. This problem could be solved
> with the correct rendering of zpt-pages.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Regards
> Peter

Regards