[Zope3-dev] Overlapping Products

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Mon May 16 04:29:52 EDT 2005

Hi All,

Zope 2 has the nice ability to allow you to override Products.
For example, I just found a bug in ZCTextIndex which will need fixing,
so between now and 2.7.7, I can just run with a patched ZCTextIndex
product in my instance home without having to worry about whether the
base code is patched or not on a cluster of machines.

How will this work in Zope 3, particularly w.r.t. ZODB persistence of
classes which I might want to override in this way?

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk