[Zope3-dev] [Zope3 / ECM] : Project launched !

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Tue May 17 04:53:43 EDT 2005

On 5/17/05, Maik Röder <roeder at berg.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> >  - to unify the whole Zope/CMS-involved community to drastically reduce
> >    waste of resources (doing twice or more equivalent components /
> >    features).
>
> How do you plan to keep the project apart from the interests of Nuxeo?

This project is in the interest of Nuxeo, and the success of it is
important for our future. There is no way we can keep that separate.
What you probably mean is to ask how we can make sure that Nuxeo does
not stop OTHER peoples interests from being vested in the project. And
this will be done by hosting it somewhere else (Chalmers for moment)
and having loads of Non-Nuxeo people involved. This is not a Nuxeo
project.

Julien is a Nuxeo employee that is kickstarting this, simply because
we reached a elevl of desperation. We need this NOW! :)

> The first step would be to keep the project in "neutral" hands.

It is in neutral hands. Nuxeo is one company that is involved. Others
are Infrae, and also Chalmers university, and loads of people that
come from companies that I don't remember the name of (sorry), and
some people that are not affiliated with any company.

> I would _personnaly_ consider joining the effort, but I would still
> need to find convincing arguments that this is not a hidden CPS4
> project of Nuxeo.

There is nothing hidden about it. This project is aimed at creating an
open source ECM framework. Nuxeo will use this framework for what very
likely will be called CPS4, just as we used CMF for CPS2 and CPS3. And
hopefully Infrae will use it for the next generation of Silva, and
hopefully it will end up as the base for Plone3 and so on.

This is all open source, nothing is hidden anywhere. ;)