[Zope3-dev] [Zope3 / ECM] : Project launched !

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Tue May 17 06:24:34 EDT 2005

Maik Röder wrote:
[snip]
>> This project is in the interest of Nuxeo, and the success of it is
>> important for our future. There is no way we can keep that separate.
>> What you probably mean is to ask how we can make sure that Nuxeo does
>> not stop OTHER peoples interests from being vested in the project. And
>> this will be done by hosting it somewhere else (Chalmers for moment)
>> and having loads of Non-Nuxeo people involved. This is not a Nuxeo
>> project.
>
> How do you plan to make sure that people don't get the impression that
> this is a Nuxeo project?

They're being consulted on this by me and others. We all share the aim
in making this project neutral.

>>> The first step would be to keep the project in "neutral" hands.

>> It is in neutral hands. Nuxeo is one company that is involved. Others
>> are Infrae, and also Chalmers university, and loads of people that
>> come from companies that I don't remember the name of (sorry), and
>> some people that are not affiliated with any company.
>
> How do you make sure that people don't get the impression that the
> project is not in neutral hands? Do you plan to create dome kind
> of neutral foundation?

At first we'd like to try some open-source style cooperation, but we've
discussed issues of copyright assignment in the past and will again in
the future.

Anyway, this is actively being worked on.

Regards,

Martijn