[Zope3-dev] Form framework, adapters and pau

Dominik Huber dominik.huber at projekt01.ch
Thu May 19 03:53:16 EDT 2005

(This mail seems to be lost some where so I take another try.)

Hi Jim,

I cleaned up the locatableadapters-branch, but I did not implement an
additonal locate attribute to the adapter directive yet, because it's
pretty tricky to separate trusted-ness from location-ness.

I already raised the question what the precedence should be if the
<class...-and-<adapter...-pattern is used within the registration of
trusted adapters.

>> Question: What should the precedence be if I use the sample zwiki
>> registration (modified example above)?
>>
>> At the moment (trunk) the permission attribute of the <adapter... is
>> ignored and the permission-set of the <class... is invoked
>> (experimental verification only).
>

> I couldn't tell you what the precedence should be because I didn't
> anticipate that someone would do both.

The precedence is  <class... then <adapter... because the
_protectedFactory (used for adapter permissions) does only set the
permission if the adapter does not provide an __Security_checker__
attribute (see also zope.security.checker.ProxyFactory).

Therefore we can't use the permission attribute of the <adapter...
directive to switch between locating or none-locating trusted adapter
factories because the permission of the <adapter..-directive. is not
asserted.

Given the above precedence fact, I cannot imagine a way how to resolve
your (Jim's) requirement
'trusted-public-adapters-should-not-be-location-proxied' and the
requirement within a local authentication any permission unless
zope.Public does require location-ness.

For that reason I sugest to stay with the current implementation of the
branch (30225) and cancel the locate-extension.

Regards,
Dominik