[Zope3-dev] new ZC form machinery snapshot available on public repo.

Gary Poster gary at zope.com
Thu May 19 16:39:09 EDT 2005

Hi all.  As part of its current Zope 3-based client engagement, Zope
Corporation has been developing a number of packages that we plan to
release as open source once we feel they are "cooked".

One that seems to have sparked special interest is our new variation
of much of the zope.app.form code.  At ZC, we now use "zc.page" (a
package that should become something like "zope.page" in the future)
exclusively over the zope.app.form code to create forms (although
note we still use the widgets in zope.app.form.browser, and zc.page
does not include any widget code).  We like it, and find it to be a
significant improvement over zope.app.form.  While the package seems
to be settling down now, it is still cooking: we're making changes as
we need them, without worrying about breaking anyone else.

We're still making it available publicly today, though, as a
"sandbox" checkout of a snapshot from our internal repositories.  If
you are interested, please feel free to check out the zc sandbox:

svn.zope.org/repos/main/Sandbox/zc

Note the README.txt in zc which gives an overview of the zc sandbox
and the page package in particular.  The zc.page package contains the
usual doctests to try and explain the package.

Comments welcome.  And, contributors, feel free to make your own
sandbox for projects similarly "in progress" but hopefully on their
way to the main zope project tree.

Gary