[Zope3-dev] Security proxied container id's

Dmitry Vasiliev lists at hlabs.spb.ru
Thu May 26 07:30:24 EDT 2005

Now I'm trying to make a blog-like component. I've made a container and then I
want id's of the container items (actually just a ISO-formatted date strings)
will be sorted in reverse order. I guess the simplest solution is a unicode
subclass like this returned by the chooseName() method:

class ReverseOrderedName(unicode):
     """Reverse ordered name.

     >>> m1 = ReverseOrderedName("A")
     >>> m2 = ReverseOrderedName("B")
     >>> m1 > m2
     True
     >>> m1 < m2
     False
     """

     def __cmp__(self, other):
         return cmp(unicode(other), unicode(self))

Then I've made some security declarations and all working just fine but items
names displayed like '<security proxied ... instance at ...>'.

Is this reasonable/safe to apply attached patch or maybe I can reimplement my
container in some other way?

--
Dmitry Vasiliev (dima at hlabs.spb.ru)
     http://hlabs.spb.ru