[Zope3-dev] New database generation for Zope 3.2 (Was: [Zope3-checkins] Added BBB for older instances)

Dmitry Vasiliev lists at hlabs.spb.ru
Mon Nov 7 09:55:15 EST 2005

Benji York wrote:
> Dmitry Vasiliev wrote:

>> Oops, we can't get rid of the generation since we need to encode the
>> password anyway... :-/
>

> Even if we default to plain text?

Yes. For example if you change the password of a principal it needs to be
properly encoded before storing so the password needs to go through
aPasswordManager.encodePassword method. I think the only way to get rid of the
generation is to use InternalPrincipal.setPassword method inside the views and
store the encoded password as InternalPrincipal.password attribute (like before).

--
Dmitry Vasiliev (dima at hlabs.spb.ru)
     http://hlabs.spb.ru