[Zope3-dev] Re: [Zope3-checkins] SVN: Zope3/branches/zipimport-support/src/zope/configuration/DEPENDENCIES.cfg new dependency

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 12:45:37 EST 2005

[Moving discussion to zope3-dev from zope3-checkins.]

On 11/9/05, Stephan Richter <srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu> wrote:
> Could we name the package something else, like "zipresource" or so? Resource
> is a somewhat loaded word in Zope 3 already.

I'm open to suggestions.  I don't like "zipresource" since this is
intended to work with any alternate import loaders that support the
get_data() protocol described in PEP 302.  Bob Ippolito's
pkg_resources package deals with the same issues, but I think we want
to provide this alternate API since we want to support ordinary paths
as well.

Perhaps "zope.filereference"?  I plan to add support for directories
as well, but since that's mostly to gain ways to deal with collections
of files, "zope.filereference" would still be reasonable.

  -Fred

"Society attacks early, when the individual is helpless." --B.F. Skinner