[Zope3-dev] branched Zope 2.9

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Sun Nov 13 02:50:18 EST 2005

--On 12. November 2005 22:08:38 -0500 Chris McDonough <chrism at plope.com>
wrote:

> FYI (this is mostly for the benefit of the Five folks), I've created a
> Zope 2.9 branch from the trunk as of about 10 minutes ago.  This branch
> is frozen for feature work; it may need some changing of externals to
> reflect what we want the initial version of Zope 3 that we want 2.9 to
> ship with.  I don't know what that version is, so this is a note to say
> that if these externals changes get made on the Zope 2 trunk, please
> also make them on the 2.9 branch.

I would have created the 2.9 branch in case the current trunk would be
ready to branch. At least one week ago there were unresolved issues (with
zpkg I think) that deferred the 2.9 release (scheduled for last Monday). So
in general what is the current state of the remaining work to get 2.9b1 out
to the people?

Andreas