[Zope3-dev] branched Zope 2.9

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Sun Nov 13 11:21:26 EST 2005

--On 13. November 2005 10:55:19 -0500 Jim Fulton <jim at zope.com> wrote:

> Do you also track bugs?

I can only what I know of. If there are bugs then they should be documented
in the collector.

> I'm not sure how, aside from feature
> completeness, we
> decide we're ready for a beta.  For Zope 3, we prioritize bugs as critical
> to indicate that they must be resolved before a release.  Is there a
> similar
> process for Zope 2.

There are no 2.9 related issues in the collector but I assume there a bunch
of unreported issues.

> I realize that you make a significant contribution
> just making the release.

Jup.

 I'm not sure if you are also trying to be the
> one to
> decide (or to manage the decision) to make releases.

The decision to make release basically depends on the OK from everyone
having contributed lately to the trunk. This affects basically the Five
contributions, the zpkg changes and some changes from you. So that's why
was asking about the status (see my other posting on zope-dev).

  We currently have 9
> critical Zope 2 bugs.

Where are they documented? They should be documented in the collector or
least there should be some communication on zope-dev about ongoing release
issues. I can not follow every discussions on IRC (time constraints,
different timezones)..

Andreas