[Zope3-dev] Re: zope3 website report?

netlander info at netlander.org
Mon Nov 14 02:15:06 EST 2005

Stephan Richter wrote:

>On Sunday 13 November 2005 13:37, netlander wrote:
>

>>I can help to review existing Zope3Dev wiki.
>>May be create list: wiki -- status.
>>Statuses may be:
>>-- outdated
>>-- under development (still requires further agreement)
>>-- recomended (tried and tested)
>>RIght?
>>

>Note that those type of tags already exist and are used.

Yes. You are right.

Uwe Oestermeier wrote:

> Such a list would be very useful. But I think the states "recommended"
> and
> "outdated" are sufficient (at least for the moment). If in doubt I would
> take over the contribution and let the recipients decide whether they
> make
> any use of the contribution or not.

Yes. You are right. But for wiki classification we need to understand
wiki readers (auditorium). For him outdated?

There are next type of outdated:
-- completed (finished) - may be need as documentation
-- frozen, but actually - may be need as project problem (plan)
-- obsolete -- need not (for zope museum only :-) ).

For Zope3 developers not interesting completed and obsolete.
For web developers (scripters) not interesting frozen and obsolete.
IMHO:  To separate wiki to next group:
1) actually, not outdated
2) actually, frozen
3) completed
Inside the zope3.org to create 2 zones:
-- for Zope3 developers  (1st and 2nd groups of wiki)
-- for other (3rd group of wiki)
What do you think about mark (status) - completed, frozen, obsolete?

> If you send this list to me I will integrate it into the importer.

I see 2 tasks:
Task 1. Express (or very hot) - Import wiki to zope3.org
Task 2. It is important - What is it zope3.org (as application)?

Task 1. Today in section zope3-dev  we have 627 wiki. First from Aug 3,
2003. Last from  Nov 10, 2005,  I need 1-2 days for  analyzing and
creating of list.

Task 2. Approach to zope3.org creation. We need to collect all
requirements to zope3.org application and create requirement
specification. Where and how do it?

Valeri Lazarev