[Zope3-dev] Return of empty page

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Tue Nov 15 15:51:32 EST 2005

On Tue, 2005-11-15 at 20:42 +0100, jürgen Kartnaller wrote:
> When I do this in my page template with an unknown provider name :
>
> <tal:block replace="structure provider:unknown" />
>
> then I receive an empty page in my browser.
>
> There is no error message and no traceback.
> The same happens when I try to access a non existing skin with
> ++skin++someSkinName .
>
> I'm running Zope from the trunk with the default settings in zope.conf .

Look in the error log (errors link off of the zmi).

I've noticed lately that many errors in ZPT are causing empty pages.
I think this might be recent.  I wonder if someone broke something
in zpt lately.

It would be great if someone could try to figure out if we have some
general zpt error-handling problem, as I suspect we do.