[Zope3-dev] Re: unique intids rationale

Jean-Marc Orliaguet jmo at ita.chalmers.se
Tue Nov 22 10:17:29 EST 2005

j.kartnaller wrote:

> This has already been added to the bug collector :
> http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope3-dev/466
>
> Jürgen
>
> Jean-Marc Orliaguet wrote:
>

>> Hi!
>>
>> what is the rationale between the unique integer ids utility and the
>> usage policy?
>>
>> more specifically: why are newly added objects registered in *all*
>> IntIds utilities? It does not make sense if the utility is registered
>> locally. If they are local they should not be concerned with objects
>> added elsewhere than outside their "scope".
>>
>> can it be turned off in the application?
>>
>> regards
>> /JM

Hi!
It seems to be another problem here, since local intids utilities behave
like global ones - if I get the code correctly, the same objects are
registered in *all* intids utilities. At some point this leads to race
conditions, when objects have not yet been created or they get deleted, ....

regards
/JM