[Zope3-dev] Retaining ease of customisation

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Thu Nov 24 05:56:56 EST 2005

Jean-Marc Orliaguet wrote:
> Stephan Richter wrote:
>
>> On Wednesday 23 November 2005 16:41, Martin Aspeli wrote:

>>> I think there needs to be a solution for making quick, preferably
>>> TTW  customisation of UI templates.

[snip]

>> You should have a look at CPSSkins for Zope 3 (developed by the Z3ECM
>> project).

[snip]

> my impression is that if you want TTW editing you'll have to do it on an
> application level using what's available in the framework (utilities,
> ZPT, ...) Zope3 allows you to do this already and in a much cleaner way
> than with zope2..

That's great! How to make this work in the context of a Zope 2/CMF
setup, the one Martin is working in? Remember the legacy codebase here;
it's not an option to throw it out just like that.

The task of porting CPSSkins for Zope 3 into Plone seems a bit daunting
at first. I'm sure there are bits and pieces that can perhaps be taken
without the whole framework though. Where should people start to look?

Regards,

Martijn