[Zope3-dev] Re: Event fixes

Dominik Huber dominik.huber at perse.ch
Fri Nov 25 14:44:16 EST 2005

Florent Guillaume wrote:

> I didn't follow Dominik's suggestion of using IModificationDescription
> because I feel this a case sufficiently fundamental that we really
> want a subclass.

Excuse my intervention...

The modification descriptiors were introduced by Uwe Ostermeier to
handle the versioning and cataloging stuff. I'm not an expert in that
field, but in my understanding the modification descriptors are more
general and your case is a subset that could be handled with them. As a
developer, I would still prefer one concept, because it's easier to
adapt. Sufficiently fundamental cases are always a shaky discrimination
to differ two concepts for future implementation decisions.

Regards,
Dominik