[Zope3-dev] Re: zope.testbrowser and mechanize

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Nov 25 16:04:22 EST 2005

Benji York wrote at 2005-11-25 11:17 -0500:
>They are clear in what they say, but they do not say that a user of
>zope.testbrowser shouldn't depend on them and that they may go away at
>any time.  Even if it did I don't think that would be sufficient, I
>don't think the docs should mention mechanize (or any other unofficial
>parts of the API) at all.  I wonder what other's opinions are on this.

I do not share your opinion.

As a rare case, I am with Chris:

  If an essential use case (testing file uploads seems quite essential)
  requires a feature that is there only tentatively,
  then this tentative feature should be documented with
  the warning that it may be replaced (by something better) in the
  future.

--
Dieter