[Zope3-dev] Re: zope.testbrowser and mechanize

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Mon Nov 28 08:21:46 EST 2005

Stephan Richter wrote:
> I'll just note that I am +1 on all of Benji's comments. And I will remove the
> offending checkins before I cut the branch, if noone else does.

Given that there are currently more people in favour of having useful
docs than a pedantic exclusion policy, please _don't_ remove these until
something else is done.

> Here my reasoning. I am currently writing a tool that allows you to convert
> testbrowser tests into tutorials. That means that I am providing an
> alternative implementation of the testbrowser interfaces (Benji, which are
> not complete, btw). Mechanize is *not* part of that API and I am not using
> mechanize to implement interfaces. If people would use the mechanize objects,
> their test code could not be converted to tutorials.

Well, then you prevent people from creating tutorials involving file
uploads, or introspection of controls. Now, I don't have a problem with
this, and I'm not telling you _not_ to do it, so I'd appreciate you
reciprocating and not stomping over stuff which I had to fiddle round
with for a couple of hours to actually discover...

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk