[Zope3-dev] Re: Zope3 design question

rubberduckee rubberduckee at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 20:30:06 EST 2005

On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 18:59:09 -0500, Stephan Richter
<srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu> wrote:

>On Monday 14 November 2005 00:05, rubberduckee wrote:
>> >You would need persistent schemas. Unfortunately persistent schemas are
>> > broken right now.

>> >Persistent schemas do exactely allow this. The code is in the trunk, but
>> > your schemas will loose changes due to a bug. The problem is known, but
>> > has not been tackled.
>>
>> I'd like to help out with the bug (if possible). Do you know where I
>> can find more information on the problem and also the details on how
>> one would 'tackle' it?
>
>Jim knows the details. It is very deep interface woodoo. Whenever he explains
>it to me I forget it immediately. ;-) So, if you are serious, please contact
>him and ask him for details.
>
>Regards,
>Stephan

Thanks for the warning :-). If you're calling it voodoo, then it's
probably going to be hard as hell for someone like me to solve.
Though i'm still far from being up to speed with Zope3 (working
through Philipp W's book ) - I'll try to help by at least documenting
the issue and extracting as much as I can from Jim (if he allows for
it) so that others can work on it too.

Thanks,
Eric