[Zope3-dev] Proposal based development!: was Re: Event fixes

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Tue Nov 29 09:12:25 EST 2005

Roger Ineichen wrote:
> I'm not happy with this changes too. But I hope I can live
> with that.
>
> But I'm really not happy how this code get into the core.
> We defined a proposal based process for announce such changes.

This was a pretty minor change, one that most of the people who
responded agreed with.

> It's really bad if such changes break our unit tests and
> existing applications. Especially if this happens because
> of new events where are really ugly to trace down.

Did applications break? I wasn't aware of that.

It isn't uncommon for bug fixes to cause tests to "break",
especially when tests were asserting incorrect behavior.

> Please propose such important changes in the future.

He did.  It could be argued that he should have waited a
bit longer for feedback.