[Zope3-dev] Re: Contained events interface inheritance order

Florent Guillaume fg at nuxeo.com
Wed Nov 30 14:40:32 EST 2005

On 30 Nov 2005, at 20:20, Tres Seaver wrote:
> Florent Guillaume wrote:

>>> Perhaps because it is really annoying?
>>

>> Only because Mozilla doesn't implement that RFC :-). Otherwise
>> you'd  be
>> able to see perfectly wrapped messages and non-broken URLs.
>
> I don't think RFC 3676 intends to wrap URLs;  it is about signalling
> "soft line breaks", which aren't normally found within tokens:
>
> - From http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc3676.html, section 4.2
>
>>    Regardless of which technique is used, a generating agent
>> SHOULD NOT
>>    insert a space in an unnatural location, such as into a word (a
>>    sequence of printable characters, not containing spaces, in a
>>    language/coded character set in which spaces are common).  If
>> faced
>>    with such a word which exceeds 78 characters (but less than 998
>>    characters, the [SMTP] limit on line length), the agent SHOULD
>> send
>>    the word as is and exceed the 78-character limit on line length.

Well I don't want to appear to defend Apple Mail too much here, but
splitting a URL after a / can be seen as a natural location.

And in any case this wouldn't be a problem if Mozilla coders weren't
lazy :-) (decoding rfc3676 (which is nearly 2 years old now) is
trivial when you already do rfc2646 (format=flowed))

Or just buy a Mac ;)

Florent

+33 1 40 33 71 59   http://nuxeo.com   fg at nuxeo.com