[Zope3-dev] test.py renamed

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Sun Oct 9 11:07:27 EDT 2005

Tarek Ziadé wrote:
> Hi,
>
> FYI,
> Until Python let us do relative/absolute imports (the future statement),
> I have renamed 'test.py' in the trunk to 'testrunner.y' to avoid name
> collision, i.e. to be able to import python test module.
 >
> That changes a bit the way tests are to be called.

This is a fairly significant change to make without a proposal.

I would expect that there are a number of documentation resources
that would need to change as well.

A better change would be to arrange for the root directory to be excluded
from the Python path. In general, any script we use should, by default,
exclude its directory from sys.path.