[Zope3-dev] Re: zope3 website report?

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Tue Oct 11 12:16:31 EDT 2005

On Tuesday 11 October 2005 10:23, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> > The whole WYSIWYG HTML-edit wiki thing is a neat idea involving using
> > HTML as the wiki markup language instead of something else. We'll
> > just have to see how that works out.
>
> Yes, I just wonder whether we have to think about stuff like this at
> this stage. I think the lack of WYSIWYG capability is the *least*
> problem people have with zope.org right now...

Well, technology-wise, this integration is the hardest part of the current
design. Jim's wikification idea, which was implemented by Uwe and Tonico at
the sprint, is really cool and effective, so the only other pieces of
technology were:

- WYSIWYG editor integration
- Site Design and HTML implementation (Tonico has done that)
- conversion tool from the Zope 3 dev Wiki to the new site (almost completed
by Gregoire)

Note that we are not trying anything else at this point. We will see how it
goes and how much people like it and then we will see what else we can do
with it.

Regards,
Stephan
--