[Zope3-dev] Re: zope3 website report?

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Tue Oct 11 12:20:09 EDT 2005

Stephan Richter wrote:
> On Tuesday 11 October 2005 09:36, Jake wrote:
>
>> Why not spend the time and energy making Zope.org a better place
>> than just moving it off to yet another under-developed and utilized
>> website?
>

> zope.org has very different requirements than zope3.org. The reason
> we want our own system is that we need a collaboration tool that
> works.

So this is the goal of zope3.org? In this case I'm not interested in it
as much as I thought. I thought we wanted to present zope 3 well to the
outside world. I'm not particularly interested a special site for the
Zope 3 proposal wiki.

[snip]
> zope.org will be very heavy. zope3.org will be very light; a simple
> Wiki-like site that promotes collaboration. Even marketing is out of
> scope right now.

Can you point me to the place where this was decided? Zope 3 is urgently
in need of better marketing.

Anyway, if this is indeed the plan for zope3.org, I was under a few
severe misapprehensions and I hereby de-volunteer.

Regards,

Martijn