[Zope3-dev] Re: zope3 website report?

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Tue Oct 11 12:41:18 EDT 2005

Stephan Richter wrote:
> On Tuesday 11 October 2005 12:20, Martijn Faassen wrote:
>
>>[snip]
>>
>>>zope.org will be very heavy. zope3.org will be very light; a simple
>>>Wiki-like site that promotes collaboration. Even marketing is out of
>>>scope right now.
>>
>>Can you point me to the place where this was decided? Zope 3 is urgently
>>in need of better marketing.
>
> Well, Jim and I simply agreed that our communication tools have to improve.
> Since we cannot easily alter the technology on zope.org, we remembered having
> zope3.org around to play with.

Right, but I also had a chat with Jim about zope3.org at the Plone
Conference and it wasn't my impression that it was just about the Zope 3
developer's wiki. Perhaps this was a misunderstanding in our conversation.

> I think a lot of people on the list (not you specifically) have seen the
> project too concretely. We have not decided anything, other than an approach
> we would like to try. It might not work at all. We wanted to keep the goals
> minimal and to subjects that we understand well; and that is a collaboration
> tool. There is a lot of room for other experiments, content structure,
> suggestions, etc.
>
> All I suggest is that we try those new tools on the existing Zope 3 dev Wiki
> pages, since this content has to be available anyhow.

Yes, I think calling the whole project zope3.org was a bit of a misnomer
which set people to think about things quite different than your intent.
  That this happens to quite a lot of people is a hint that it might not
be an optimal name anyway; people expect to see something else when they
go there than that wiki. See my reply in the thread where I try to clean
up our terminology.

Regards,

Martijn