[Zope3-dev] Re: zope3 website report?

Simon Michael simon at joyful.com
Tue Oct 11 14:13:26 EDT 2005

For reference, http://zopewiki.org is an up-to-date zope 2 zwiki (see
joyful.com for others), with mail-out/mail-in/external editor etc.
enabled. If you haven't checked it recently, please do check the new
organization by audience (down the left of the front page).

I did a html-only zwiki demo for Jim which may have helped spark some
ideas. I'm undecided on moving to straight html; +1 on trying it, for
sure. Edits to large pages should be faster - no need to parse stx/rst.
I'm not a huge fan of reST as it is not very forgiving and it is just
obscure in places (linking). (I think stx really works well, except that
the indentation rules are just too unexpected for new users.)

The mature zope 2 zwiki's features have a certain usability and polish
which I'd miss, but I'm really looking forward to checking out the new
zope 3-based site/prototype/experiment. It's always good to see
alternatives running in the real world and see what works and what doesn't.